Have you ever had one of those days where everything pissed you off? Well, I’m having one of those days. I can’t even feel good about helping in my intactivst endeavors, because all the other crap keeps getting in the way.
I guess it all boils down to that it’s Genital Integrity Awareness Week, but that’s being overshadowed by the US Congress hearing the pros and cons of same sex marriage. One of the strongest voices in the intactivist movement was there, and when asked why he was demonstrating about RIC, he said that 99% of the intactivst movement agreed with the LGBT movement. I have to admit that this offended me. How dare he speak for the rest of us? So only 1% of intactivists are against it? Where did that statistic come from? I can tell you where. He pulled it out of his butt.
I personally don’t want to be tied to a group that I not only don’t agree with or support, but that has absolutely nothing to do with stopping routine infant circumcision. The LGBT movement cries that they want equal rights, but they already do. They have the exact same rights that I do. We all can feel free to marry a member of the opposite sex. They merely want special rights. They want to rewrite the definition of traditional marriage and destroy the concept of a true family forever. For those of you who want to disagree with me? That’s fine, and it’s your right. Just like it’s my right to voice my opinion here on my own blog.
RIC isn’t just about a person’s rights (or lack thereof) though, but so much more. It’s about strapping an unwilling victim down and letting him scream in terror and pain as someone with a scalpel skins his penis. Yes, skins it. The foreskin amounts to most of a baby’s penis, especially since it is too small for any doctor (or whoever performs this procedure) to safely estimate how much to remove. No one can know how that penis will grow or how much skin it needs to allow that growth. And they don’t care.
If the LGBT community wants to use this same argument for equal rights, again, they do have the right to their whole body. They can misuse it as much as they want. They can poke holes through it, tattoo it, and modify it to their heart’s content, just like the rest of us. We intactivists merely want to grant baby boys that same right, when they are old enough to decide. And if that baby boy grows up to be gay, he will still have the same rights to mutilate his own body as every other human does. He just shouldn’t expect special rights.
Why do I disagree with same sex marriage? Because it wasn’t so long ago, before the introduction of politically correctness, doctors and psychologists were honest about what homosexuality is…a dysfunction. My husband studied it when he took anatomy and physiology, and he still knows it’s a dysfunction. In his own words every gay person he ever dealt with had some childhood trauma. I won’t go into detail, since I would hate to start a virtual riot, but granting the right for anyone to marry anyone else is acknowledging that their dysfunction is acceptable, and that is a dangerous road to travel. It can and will lead to worse things. Let them have their civil unions, living wills and power’s of attorney, which gives them just about the same things married couples have. And believe me, married people do not get tax breaks. If I had filed separately this year, our total refund would have been higher! So stop using that as another red herring.
Let them do whatever they want in the privacy of their bedrooms, but I fear living in a society where it’s allowed to be made public and exposed to not only me, but also my son. That would be the beginning of the end of our way of life. And shit trickles downhill! Everyone will suffer for it.
The bottom line is that I can no longer associate with a movement who thinks that we should also support same sex marriage. So I will no longer call myself an intactivist or associate with those who do. This is tragic and sad, since I will forever oppose routine infant circumcision and those who support it.